URGENT: Updated Springbok arrival details
Due to a technical delay, the Springboks’ flight from Japan via Sydney – with Rassie Erasmus, Siya Kolisi and a number of other players on board – will only land in Johannesburg after 7pm tonight.
The first batch of players, which will include, amongst others, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Duane Vermeulen, Cheslin Kolbe and Makazole Mapimpi, are still due to arrive from 4pm.
All the players will also make a brief public appearance at the airport.
Meanwhile, according to The Star, Springbok fans wanting to welcome the Bokke at OR Tambo can make use of the Gautrain free of charge. Just show up at some Gautrain stations wearing a Springbok jersey and hop on to the train and travel for free to the airport.
- A supporter must wear a Springbok shirt (green or white).
- Drop-offs at a station are recommended.
- Going to the airport, supporters can only enter a Gautrain Station for free between 13:30 and 15:30.
- Returning from the airport, supporters can only enter the Gautrain System for free between 18:00 and 20:00.
- Free parking is available only at Centurion, Midrand, Marlboro and Sandton Stations on a first come first serve basis.
- No free parking available at Park, Rosebank, Pretoria, Hatfield and Rhodesfield Stations.
- When entering a parkade, take a paper ticket and keep it safe until return; (Please do not use your Gautrain Gold or Swift cards to enter the parking as you will then be charged non-rail user rates for the parking).
- It is recommended that you use the drop-off zone to enter the parking area.
- Returning to the station after the event, the eligible supporter must present the paper ticket at the ticket office in order to receive a free exit from the parkade.
- Persons who are flying in and out of OR Tambo (with or without luggage) in a Springbok shirt will have to pay the applicable airport fare.
- Returning from the airport, a person wearing a Springbok shirt with luggage will be eligible for free travel only if s/he can present a boarding pass from Japan.
- A supporter will adhere to crowd control measures at any station in the event of a too high demand for the train service.
- Eligible supporters can board both the dedicated Gautrain airport coaches as well as the general passenger coaches. All train doors will be opened at OR Tambo International Airport Station.
- Free travel is only allowed if there is adequate rail service and parking capacity available.
- No free travel on Gautrain buses.